We’re back with another Mastering Nursing episode! When it comes to working as a nurse or any other healthcare professional, one crucial skillset is too often overlooked… emotional and relational intelligence. Being strong in these areas can make anyone better at providing care! Nurse Keith was joined by Camille Adair, RN who is an expert on the topic, in addition to being the Founding Director of the Institute for Systemic Relational Health and Systemic Relational Theory.
Camille is also a filmmaker, having made the documentary Solace: Wisdom of the Dying. She facilitates systemic constellation workshops, professional training groups, and provides coaching for organizational leaders, private clients and team coaching for groups. Considered a thought leader in healthcare, Camille works in collaboration with organizations and individuals in the movement to humanize health care, end-of-life care and generational healing for a better future.
What You’ll Discover in This Episode:
- The importance of emotional and relational intelligence in the context of the healthcare workplace and your own personal development
- The meaning of systemic constellation work and how it can positively impact your work life and your personal well-being and relationships.
- That systemic relational health is crucial for the optimal functioning of any workplace environment.
- That nurses can choose to be change agents within their own workplace culture in terms of bringing more humanity, compassion, and emotional and relational intelligence to the table.
- Plus so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Camille Adair: LinkedIn | Twitter
- Connect with the Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: iTunes | Spotify | Google Play
A Quick Look at Camille Adair’s Coaching, Consulting, and Training Services
Camille brings her blended approach to individual and organizational health through writing, podcasting, coaching, training, and consulting services. Her approach involves Mindfulness Practice, Emotional Intelligence and Systemic and Family Constellation Work.
- About: Camille “has created a unique process and model, combining wisdom, compassion and intuition, as well as knowledge and experience facilitating emotional intelligence work, family constellations and systems work, and organizational management. This is the foundation of her process as she helps you strengthen, evolve and experience personal, professional and organizational success and well-being.”
- Client Types: Individuals and Families, Health Care Professionals, Health Care Executives, and Health Care Organizations
- Courses Offered: Systemic Relational Family Constellation Facilitator Training, Solace Teachings End-of-Life Education Programs, EQ | Health : Emotional Intelligence Training, The Solace Teachings, Solace Teachings Essential Course
- Call or Text Camille to Connect: (505) 470-3838
- Email: camille [at] camilleadair.com
Nursing Organization of the Week: Advanced Practice Nurses of The Permian Basin
Nursing isn’t just about medicine, it’s also about the community. Nurses who work together help drive the field forward and provide support, encouragement, and so much more for nurses all over the world. With that in mind, we here at the Mastering Nursing podcast want to highlight and recognize those that are doing a particularly great job of it.
We seek nominations from our listeners and other passionate nurses, and then decide on award winners each episode. If you have any nursing organization you think should be highlighted, don’t hesitate to reach out via e-mail (or social media message) and let us know!
This week we’re happy to award the Advanced Practice Nurses of the Permian Basin!
Located in Texas, Advanced Practice Nurses of the Permian Basin ( or APNPB) has a mission to “unite and represent advanced practice nurses in the Permian Basin by promoting their professional growth in order to provide accessible quality health care to individuals and their families.”
They accomplish this through hosting events, general advocacy, networking, and more. They also support nurses by offering links to job opportunities for nurse practitioners, a list of their upcoming events, and more. You can find all of this and more by connecting with them online.