We’re back with another episode of the Mastering Nursing Podcast! This episode, we’re covering an incredibly important topic for nurses… work life balance. Our guest helping Nurse Keith explore this important topic is Sharon Weinstein, President/Founder of SharonMWeinstein and Chief Executive Officer of SMWGroup.
Sharon educates and trains in high stress industries like healthcare, hospitality, and human capital. She learned so much from her experience working 100 hours a week, in three countries per week… finally realizing that she needed to “get a life.” Sharon is also the author of the award-winning B is for Balance… so needless to say when it comes to this topic, she’s a true expert.
What You’ll Discover in This Episode:
- How to live your most satisfying, balanced, and courageous life and career.
- Why balance is so important to health and happiness.
- That being well hydrated and rested will actually increase your ability to work at your highest level and be more effective in th world, not to mention healthier.
- That the 21st-century workplace is complicated, and self-care is crucial for personal wellness and professional survival.
- Plus more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Sharon Weinstein: Twitter | Facebook
- Connect with the Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: iTunes | Google Play
A Quick Look at the SMWGroup LLC
SMWGroup LLC is a consultant group that include executive level managers with a broad range of human talent, international, marketing, safety, and business development experience. They help their clients by enhancing engagement, driving performance and presentation improvement, and achieving measurable impact.
Below are some of the services offered by SMWGroup LLC:
- Coaching: The biggest beneficiaries of SMWGroup coaching are senior managers, business owners, entrepreneurs and professionals in transition. The focus of their coaching is on work life balance, and general professional and personal fulfillment. Starting with a client’s life’s purpose, identifying what’s important and helping them work towards their goals is the blueprint SMWGroup follows.
- Consulting: Strategic partnering is one of two main focuses. They help clients work on teambuilding, partnering, outreach, and collaboration. Secondly, SMWGroup offers consulting on negotiating for success. Agreements and relationships are critical in today’s global business environment, so an understanding of both sides of the aisle or ocean is essential to one’s negotiating and leadership success.
- Speaking: Addressing team members in a both informative and engaging manner is crucial, and SMWGroup speakers excel at it Presentation topics include attitude is everything, B is for Balance, Diversity, negotiating for leadership, Managing change, Work/Life Balance, and so much more.
In addition to these items, SMWGroup offers various products like books, programs, and tools that can be tremendously helpful for professional development. Books include, “B is for Balance, a guide to creating balance at home and at work” , “Go for It… Mastering Negotiations” , “Nursing Without Borders: values, wisdom success markers,” and more.
Nursing Organization of the Week: Kentucky Coalition of Nurse Practitioners & Nurse-Midwives
Nursing isn’t just about medicine, it’s also about the community. Nurses who work together help drive the field forward and provide support, encouragement, and so much more for nurses all over the world. With that in mind, we here at the Mastering Nursing podcast want to highlight and recognize those that are doing a particularly great job of it.
We seek nominations from our listeners and other passionate nurses, and then decide on award winners each episode. If you have any nursing organization you think should be highlighted, don’t hesitate to reach out via e-mail (or social media message) and let us know!
This week, we’re proud to award the Kentucky Coalition of Nurse Practitioners & Nurse-Midwives.
Their mission is “To empower Kentucky Advanced Practice Registered Nurses in providing quality, accessible and compassionate healthcare through education, leadership and advocacy.” and they have a strong vision on how to do it, through the development of health policy, provision of quality health care, and advocacy for the people of the commonwealth.”
You can find so much more about the great work KCNPNM is doing by checking out their web presence. Online you can see where they stand on issues like providing health care to the poor and uninsured (spoiler alert: they support providing the highest quality health care for all), physical activity for children and adult health, and more.
Furthermore, you can find out more about the various committees they have, based on various interests, as well as other groups of KCNPNM members based on regions of Kentucky. If you’re a student there are a wide variety of resources available to you through the site, and if you’re looking for jobs, they have options there as well to help you connect with other healthcare organizations in need of quality nurses.
Needless to say, they are doing a ton of great work as an organization for nurses and they’re worth checking out. Congrats to them on their selection.