Do you know how beneficial technology can be for a nursing career? Doing things like building an online brand can have a tremendously positive impact for any nurse. Our guest, Brittney Wilson, BSN, RN is a firm believer in this. She has even written a fantastic book on the subject called The Nerdy Nurse’s Guide to Technology.
Brittney Wilson is the nurse behind The Nerdy Nurse and the co-founder of Health Media Academy. She’s also an award-winning author and blogger, an international keynote speaker, and a powerful influencer in the nursing and healthcare technology communities. Her insight on leveraging technology to develop professionally as a nurse is so valuable. Listen in!
What You’ll Discover in This Episode:
- How you can leverage technology and build a solid online brand in the interest of your nursing career and professional development.
- How nurses who blog and use social media can directly influence the worldwide conversation about nursing, medicine, healthcare, and other important topics .
- Why staying curious and open-minded is helpful for your career on every level.
- That consistently exploring new technologies and becoming a super user in several areas is a smart career move.
- Plus so much more!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Brittney Wilson and The Nerdy Nurse: Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest
- Connect with the Show: Facebook | Twitter
- Subscribe to the Show: iTunes | Spotify | Google Play
A Quick Look at The Nerdy Nurse
Founded in 2010, The Nerdy Nurse has been consistently listed as one of the top nursing blogs on the web. Run by Brittney Wilson, BSN, RN, The Nerdy Nurse covers a wide array of topics relevant to nurses. These include nursing issues, nursing products and services, healthcare, technology, social media, personal branding, and lifestyle topics. With an incredibly diverse audience of healthcare professionals and the general public, The Nerdy Nurse has a tremendous amount of reach.
- About: Brittney AKA The Nerdy Nurse, is an Author, Blogger, and Social Media Influencer. Patient, Nurse, and Technology Advocate.
- Community Social Media Following: Almost 100k followers across all platforms… and growing!
- Site Sections: Books, Speaking, Blogging, Jobs, Shopping, and more.
- Services Offered by Brittney: Sponsored blog posts, Technology and nursing reviews, Speaking, Conference attendance and coverage.
Nursing Organization of the Week: Rural Nurse Organization (RNO)
Nursing isn’t just about medicine, it’s also about the community. Nurses who work together help drive the field forward and provide support, encouragement, and so much more for nurses all over the world. With that in mind, we here at the Mastering Nursing podcast want to highlight and recognize those that are doing a particularly great job of it.
We seek nominations from our listeners and other passionate nurses, and then decide on award winners each episode. If you have any nursing organization you think should be highlighted, don’t hesitate to reach out via e-mail (or social media message) and let us know!
This week, we’re so pleased to recognize the Rural Nurse Organization (or RNO).
The RNO is an organization dedicated to recognizing, promoting, and maintaining the unique specialty of rural nursing practice. They represent all types of rural health care providers from individual rural nurses to healthcare agencies, academia, and government programs.
The RNO endeavors to achieve and represent:
- Recognition of the diversity of rural nursing practice.
- A voice for rural nurses to healthcare agencies, academia, and government.
- Continuing education and access to resources for rural nurses.
- Quality healthcare for rural communities.
You can find out more about them by connecting online where you can learn about membership, upcoming events, read their blog, and so much more.
This is just another fantastic example of a nursing organization working to bring nurses together who share common experiences, challenges, and goals. Many congrats to them on their selection!
Many congrats to them on their selection – be sure to connect with them to learn more!